Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our Lil' Quad-er

A neighbor of ours kindly offered to give us her son's old Power Wheels Lil' Quad before moving away to Texas. Although the mini four-wheeler is obviously very, very old with it's faded paint and washed-out and peeling stickers, the little machine still operates like a champ! We quickly accepted the offer, knowing that Sabastian would no doubt allow himself hours of enjoyment on the quad. Boy were we right! Every morning, we now spend at least an hour outside so that Sabastian can drive the Lil' Quad up and down the driveway, over and over again. Sometimes, he will take it onto the grass, which is when he claims to be "off-roading". Every time he drives away from me, he will say, "Bye Mom, I'm going on a trip", and when he returns, he says, "Hi Mom, I missed you too!" while greeting me with hugs and a kisses. :) There have even been times that Sabastian has had to repair "blown tires", just like they do for his beloved Lightening McQueen from the movie Cars. Just another example of his imagination at work. So long as I am settled nicely in the shade, I have no problem spending all this time (in the heat) watching my son at play. Truly, I spend the entire time just smiling and basking in all the love he gives me. What could be better than that?



2 comments:

Patrick said...

What a lucky kid and what lucky parents! Thanks for setting this up, it's a great way to stay in touch!

Duncan Family said...

glad to see you started a blog... email me and let's set up a play date!